Apps, Digital Tools, Services, Gadgets and Resources I use personally for my productivity and general life utility are listed here. I’ve listed only the worthies among the all I use in everyday life.
Subscribe to Alvistor to know more about how I use these apps to multiply my productivity.
#Organizing #Planning #Journaling
- Todoist – The super-duper task-management app of my entire toolset.
- Notion – The ultra-flexible digital workspace for managing varieties of content. I use it for project management, course management, mini-personal-ERP and other tonnes of purposes.
- Evernote – All in one place to capture everything, digital file cabinet, contact cards collector, ideas collector and as my personal journaling tool too.
- Roam Research – Knowledge management
- FantastiCal Calendar – I use Google calendar as a source. Also integrates with Todoist.
- Superhuman – Blazing fast email overlay app for Gmail & Google Workspace accounts
I don’t use any social media accounts actively. So I don’t have any apps related to that on any of my devices except the Telegram chat app.
#Reading #Listening #Remembering
- Kindle – Apart from reading paperback books, I rely more on Amazon Kindle for reading books.
- Instapaper – I capture valuable articles in Instapaper and highlight and take notes on the fly, and Readwise automation will update my notes with highlights to Roam.
- Readwise – One of its kind where I review my book and valuable article highlights. Also, I use Readwise to backup all my notes and highlights all over the web to Roam and Notion.
- Refind – The best curation service to read latest news and updates in your field.
- Eloquent – cross-tab browser note taking extension.
- DayOne – Favorite Journaling app
- Grammarly – I am using the free version of Grammarly to spruce my writings online.
- Office 365, Google Docs – MS Word is my go-to app for official documents. For casual use, I depend on Google Docs and I prefer Google spreadsheet rather than MS Excel.
- Scitrus – Where I find the latest research articles to refer and learn.
- Whimsical – Mindmapping tool For learning new domains, flow charts. (Formerly using Mindmup – Simple yet functional mind mapping software )
- Zotero – A citation or reference management software for Academic research.
- Manuscripts.io – A wordprocessing software weaved particularly to write research papers.
- Forest (Focus timer app). I am not big fan of pomodoro timers.
#Blogging #Online #Social-Connections
- Site Ground (Hosting) – Semi-managed WordPress hosting where Alvistor and my other sites are hosted.
- Unsplash – Pictures for most of my articles are taken from here.
- 1Password – The password manager for all devices (formerly using LastPass)
- VPN Secure – The VPN service I use often. (Got a lifetime discount version through a friend)
- Running by Adidas – To track my walking and jogging
- Alfred (for Mac) – Makes my Mac interactions faster ever.
- Vimium (for Chrome) – Makes me browse the internet and interact with websites with ease of my keyboard.